The parish building of Santa Maria Assunta is located in the highest and most central place of the town. Its construction dates back to the eleventh century, has an extension of 509 square meters. Already in 1400 it was open to worship under the title of Santa Maria Maggiore; for its centrality it was chosen as the Parish Church, which up to that time had been the Church of the Holy Family in the “Porta Suctana” district. In 1890 it was restored for the interest of the clergy and all the people. It is equipped with a valuable sixteenth-century portal. The interior follows the type of church with three naves and apse, summarily resuming slight simplified Baroque motifs.